Tips to staying hydrated with Distillata
Sharing some tips to healthy hydration in the new year. How are you staying hydrated? I think something Ive always struggled with was making sure that I drink enough water and I know, Im not alone here! So I’ve teamed up with Distillata to share 5 tips to staying hydrated.
- Keep cold drinking water readily available. Something that I have noticed, is having cold drinking water ready and available has upped my water intake tremendously! Being able to fill up a quick water bottle with cold drinking water has made it so easy. Having my Distillata Water Cooler is a game changer. This cooler keeps my water at the perfect drinking temp, and ready at all times. It also has hot water which I LOVE and makes it so quick and easy to make a cup of tea at night!
- Keep track of your water intake. I set a goal of how much water I would like to drink in a day. And its recommended that you drink half your weight in ounces of water per day. And, If you are an active person, you should drink even more! I try to drink between 90-120 ounces of water per day! Yes, I know that seems like a lot, but it makes such a difference in my overall health and wellness. An easy way to keep track is to use the same water bottle every day. For me, I have a water bottle that holds 30 ounces, so I know that I need to drink 3-4 of them to hit my daily water intake.
- Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning. This should probably be at the top of the list for tips to staying hydrated. This will not only get you started on your daily intake first thing in the morning, but it will also help with fatigue throughout the day. After a long nights sleep, your body needs to hydrate in order to get your metabolism and digestive system working. Water flushes toxins from our body and is an essential for our digestive system. And it also helps with starting the healthy habit of drinking water throughout the day. Bonus, you’ll be at least 8 ounces down before you’ve even taken your first sip of coffee!
- Infuse your water with fruit. Tired of drinking water? Throw in your favorite fruit (or veggie) to give you an upgraded hydrated experience! My favorites are adding cucumber or lemon to my water. But there are so many great combos to try. Here are some great combos to try: strawberries and blueberries, lemons and oranges, kiwi and strawberry, cucumber and basil, cucumber and lime, or peaches and nectarines. Do you have another combo you love? Leave it in the comments so we can all share some ideas!
- Carry water with you at all times. Find a water bottle you love and carry with you everywhere. You can almost always find me with a water bottle on hand. I never leave the house with out water, so no matter what I doing, whether I am just running errands, sitting at my computer or even on my bedside table, you will always find me with my water. I never leave home without it and this has helped me so much with getting my water in because I always have it on hand.
These 5 tips to staying hydrated can be a game changer in your health goals! There are so many ways to stay healthy, and hydration tops the list! Need more tips to staying healthy in the new year? Head to my post on self-care for even more healthy habits.