Tis the season for cooler temps, apple picking and bonfires! I’ve gone ahead and rounded up 9 Fall wardrobe basics you want in your closet this year. I know for me, I can’t afford to get a whole new wardrobe every season, so I try to stick to a few budget friendly finds, along with one or two investment pieces that keep me feeling trendy, without breaking the bank.
- An Everyday Pair of Booties – A pair of booties that you can pair with a pair of jeans or leggings, oversized sweater or cardigan. A pair that goes with everything! These ones from Amazon have great reviews and are under $40. I’ve already added them to my cart!
- Cozy Cardigan Sweater – I always like to find a sweater that can be used as a jacket for the cooler days when a coat may not be necessary. Ive had my eye on this Top Shop one that’s part of the Nordstrom Sale.
- Black Denim – Black jeans are the perfect way to dress up any outfit! This pair from Abercrombie have been on my list for quite some time now.
- Mom Jeans – Mom jeans go with everything. Sneakers, booties, sandals. If you don’t have a pair yet, now is the perfect time to snag a pair. I’ve been living in these Levi’s ones as of late and they are on super sale, just make sure to size up one size.
- Felt Hat – A good hat is a great way to jazz up any outfit or to just cover up a bad hair day! Sole Society makes some of the best, and this one is on my list!
- Everyday Tote or Handbag – This one from ABLE is my go-to! Its the perfect size to carry all my necessities and then some. It’s also timeless so can be used year after year.
- Leggings – A good pair of black leggings are a MUST! I live in these Spanx Leather Moto Leggings come Fall and they are worth every penny!
- Oversized Flannel – Would it even be fall if we didn’t pull out the plaid?!? Perfect for cooler days when its not quite cool enough for a jacket or sweater. Target has such a great selection and they are only $20! I size up so that I can have an oversized look. Here is one that will go with anything!
- Utility Jacket – A good utility jacket can be worn with everything. Unfortunately, the one I own isn’t available anymore but there are so many good ones out there! I am absolutely loving this one by 1822 Denim.
I hope this helps you when shopping for the upcoming season! Season changes can overwhelm me with all the new looks so I like to keep things simple when picking out my staples. Not ready for Fall fashion just yet, check out my favorite lounge wear here, or my favorite basics that can be worn year-round here.