Summertime travel is HERE! And I can’t to get out of town with Scot in less than a week. We are heading to Jamaica with friends and I. Can. Not. Wait. I have already started planning/packing for our trip and wanted to share some of my travel must haves!
Here are my top 11 Summer travel necessities:
1. Swim Suit – Well duh, this one is probably a no-brainer for summertime travel but I had to include it! The best part of summer travel is living your days in a swimsuit, and not doing your hair and makeup. Amirite??? I’ve linked a few of my favorites below.
2. Sunscreen – Don’t be DUMB! Wear your sunscreen! Preferably one that is water resistant. I love Rodan+Fields Body Sunscreen with SPF 30 and their REVERSE Step 4 Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ for my face. Use sunscreen and reapply every hour!
3. A good book – Who doesn’t love sitting poolside with a drink in their hand getting lost in a good book?!? Seriously, I read but not that much until I am on vacation.
4. Sun Hat – I have to have a sun hat on vacation! I wear it when I am at the pool, and for those nights when I don’t feel like doing my hair to go to dinner. Throw on your favorite maxi dress and sun hat and you are good to go! This one shown here is only $15 and a best seller on Amazon!
5. Sunglasses – Duh! I’ll say it again, DUH! Check out these cute ones from Amazon that are only $12!
6. Beach Bag – remember to bring a beach bag with you to throw in you towels, book, sunscreen, wallet etc. I usually try to use my beach bag as a carry on so it doesn’t take up too much space in my luggage. I couldn’t find my exact one, but here is a super cute straw bag from Amazon that is super similar!
7. Beach cover up – These are not only great for walking to and from the pool and or beach, but also great for grabbing a quick lunch in town. Here are a few that I am just loving! Both available on Amazon and under $20!
8. Summer dresses – Nothing is better than summertime attire. I love a good maxi dress that can be worn with flat sandals for lunch or heels for dinner. One that is versatile and comfortable is all I need. I usually pack two or three of these on every beach trip I go on. I love this black one here with heels for a nice dinner and this striped maxi for a casual daytime lunch. Both of these are coming with me to Jamaica!
9. Shoes – I always pack a pair of flip flops or two for the pool or beach, a pair of wedges and a pair of heels. I usually buy a couple pairs of flip flops from Old Navy that I wont be upset if they get ruined and I can just leave them.
10. A jacket that goes with everything – I always pack a jacket that I can throw on for when the nights get cooler. I love a good denim jacket that can be worn with sundresses and shorts.
11. Last but not least, Jeans – I always pack a good pair of jeans that I can throw on for those cooler nights with a tank. Dress up with heels or casual with some flip flops.
These are my summertime travel must haves. Obviously I pack more than just this, but these are my essentials to have everything I need for a beach vacation. I would love to hear what your must haves are, leave a comment and let me know what is essential for your summertime travel.